Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: b20 w/ b18 cams

Noob

b20 w/ b18 cams

yes...i'm still a noob

Yes... I read the b20 sticky

I was wondering, without having to worry about the exact model b20 I get, lets just say I get the low compression one with 120 or so hp... If i put in a set of b18 cams, would that yeild a better hp rating or make the motor any quicker? What about the difference in the auto b18 cams and the maual b18 cams? I heard that automatic b18 cams were slightly more aggressive than the manual ones to compensate for the extremely long gears.

What if I ran a b18 ecu??? SO many variables; all I want is to HELP my motor; nt hurt it...:D

Im on my 5th car!!!

Brand Spanking Noob
    i would say save your money and maby get headers or an intake, later on go b20/vtec.

Quote Originally Posted by Allmotor_junkie View Post
    i would say save your money and maby get headers or an intake, later on go b20/vtec.
    :newbie
    Check Out Team Nsr On MySpace
    http://www.myspace.com/jdmny

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    yes...i'm still a noob

Yes... I read the b20 sticky

I was wondering, without having to worry about the exact model b20 I get, lets just say I get the low compression one with 120 or so hp... If i put in a set of b18 cams, would that yeild a better hp rating or make the motor any quicker? What about the difference in the auto b18 cams and the maual b18 cams? I heard that automatic b18 cams were slightly more aggressive than the manual ones to compensate for the extremely long gears.

What if I ran a b18 ecu??? SO many variables; all I want is to HELP my motor; nt hurt it...:D

When you say b18 i take it u mean the LS....an if that is wut u mean im not sure exactly wut year they started but the heads on the b20 and the newer LS are "supposedly" exactly the same. And using a B18 or LS ecu is somewhat better being for the fact dat stock it provides more fuel/air.....anyone correct me if im worng......and on the cams im pretty sure the auto cams are the same cause basically its honda they aint gon change dat shit.....
    [SIZE="2"]TEAM OFFICIAL[/SIZE]
    "IM WIT WUTEVA!!!"
    3rd LANE AFFILIATED

Noob
    When you say b18 i take it u mean the LS....an if that is wut u mean im not sure exactly wut year they started but the heads on the b20 and the newer LS are "supposedly" exactly the same. And using a B18 or LS ecu is somewhat better being for the fact dat stock it provides more fuel/air.....anyone correct me if im worng......and on the cams im pretty sure the auto cams are the same cause basically its honda they aint gon change dat shit.....
    Thanks man... I was just wondering cause I figured the Ls ecu would be more performance enhanced than the "suv cr-v" b20 ecu. And mt friend has an ls in his teggy, and he swears up and down that automatic ls cams are more aggressive that the manual ones, but I'm not gunna mess around with that.

Thanks
    Im on my 5th car!!!

b20 cams deliver the max torque @ lower rpms but make max power @ lower rpm too compare to ls cams.
    remember that a b20 engine came from A SUV which is not a sport vehicle and is heavier so that extra torque @ low RPM is need and not max power @ higher rpm for daily driving.
    these are the stock numbers to the flywheel for a 94 LS & 2000 CR-V
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _B20 2.0L _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _LS 1.8L_ _ _ _
    Horse Power : _ 146 @ 6200 RPM - - - - 142 @ 7000 RPM
    torque flywheel: 133 @ 4500 RPM- - - - 125 @ 5500 RPM
    Compression Ratio : _ 9.6:1 - - - - - - - - 10.1:1
    "B20Z 9.6 compression a B20B is 9.0 compression which is a 97 to 98 B20 block if not mistaken"
    you would have more topend power with a set of ls cams but less torque which would be a better setup for racing in general compared to a stock b20
    you should use a stock ECU and check the fuel Ration since you could go a bit lean " a fuel pressure regulator and some tunning could come in handy"
    STREET NEMESIS
    http://b20vtec.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19393

|,,,,!,,,,1,,,,!,,,,2,,,,!,,,,3,,,,!,,,,4,,,,!,,,, 5,,,,!,,,,6,,,,!,,,,7,,,,!,,,,8,,,,,!,,,,9‼‼‼‼|

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwami View Post
    b20 cams deliver the max torque @ lower rpms but make max power @ lower rpm too compare to ls cams.
    remember that a b20 engine came from A SUV which is not a sport vehicle and is heavier so that extra torque @ low RPM is need and not max power @ higher rpm for daily driving.
    these are the stock numbers to the flywheel for a 94 LS & 2000 CR-V
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _B20 2.0L _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _LS 1.8L_ _ _ _
    Horse Power : _ 146 @ 6200 RPM - - - - 142 @ 7000 RPM
    torque flywheel: 133 @ 4500 RPM- - - - 125 @ 5500 RPM
    Compression Ratio : _ 9.6:1 - - - - - - - - 10.1:1
    "B20Z 9.6 compression a B20B is 9.0 compression which is a 97 to 98 B20 block if not mistaken"
    you would have more topend power with a set of ls cams but less torque which would be a better setup for racing in general compared to a stock b20
    you should use a stock ECU and check the fuel Ration since you could go a bit lean " a fuel pressure regulator and some tunning could come in handy"

errr:-( "NERD" Tell D, Henry n Santos i said whats up who is dis joey????
    Last edited by Jun_Tuning; 03-16-2007 at 07:15 PM.
    Ready :skid:
    -Run your Car not your mouth-

Noob
    So running a b20b with ls cams WOULD be a good idea???
    Im on my 5th car!!!

if you getting them for free or dirt cheap yeah plus the power band with those cams is more suited for a B series tranny gearing.
    try to get a B20z since the compression is 0.6 higher than a B20B
    STREET NEMESIS
    http://b20vtec.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19393

|,,,,!,,,,1,,,,!,,,,2,,,,!,,,,3,,,,!,,,,4,,,,!,,,, 5,,,,!,,,,6,,,,!,,,,7,,,,!,,,,8,,,,,!,,,,9‼‼‼‼|

Noob
    thanks... I was just wondering cause I already got the ls cams and intake manifold w/ the throttle body. I heard the b20 intake manifold wont fit un the bay...
    Im on my 5th car!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast