Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Brand Spanking Noob

b20vtec Oil Leak. GSR or b20 oil pan?..

Bought a b20vtec. B20z block and GSR head. It's leaking oil but i'm not really sure where. I just want to ask b20vtec.com what oil pan the motor supposed to have. I've looked under the car and seems like it's leaking from the oil pan but it could be oil leaking from the head gasket too. (how bad is it if its from a head gasket)? I know for sure that the motor is currently using a p72 oil pan. Does anyone think thats the problem? I originally thought since its a b20 block shouldn't it be using a b20 oil pan? but then they've fitted it on there so I'm not sure at this point. Maybe it fits but maybe not enough to keep it sealed? I looked on the b20 faq but it doesn't list which oil pan that should be on there. I think I read somewhere that the b20 and GSR oil pan ain't the same. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Brand Spanking Noob
    So when ya did your b20 vtec which oil pan did u guys use? I need that answer.

Noob
    i used a b20 one on my b20... my guess would be change the gasket and torque down properly. if that didnt work id change the pan to a b20 one but I'm not sure if theres a difference.

Brand Spanking Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by b20eg831 View Post
    i used a b20 one on my b20... my guess would be change the gasket and torque down properly. if that didnt work id change the pan to a b20 one but I'm not sure if theres a difference.

Thanks for the reply. I just might use the b20..if i change the gasket I might as well just put a b20 pan on there. I would like more confirmations. Has anyone used the GSR oil pan for the b20 block?

b20 pan, b20 oil pan gasket, b20 head gasket.
    DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

Quote Originally Posted by h22honda89 View Post
    B built like a studder :bserious:

Brand Spanking Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSikDC View Post
    b20 pan, b20 oil pan gasket, b20 head gasket.
    Thanks. That's what I wanted to know.
    probably a big reason it's leaking oil, wished they would of used the b20 oil pan instead of the GSR oil pan. Damn! I just hope they used the right gasket too.

they aren't the same as far as depth goes. but it will bolt on.

but you're suppose to use a GSR pickup if you use that pan.

TMC-TrunkMonkeyCrew

And Thats What It Is!
    Quote Originally Posted by tilegend View Post
    they aren't the same as far as depth goes. but it will bolt on.

but you're suppose to use a GSR pickup if you use that pan.
    i was just about to post the same info. if on a b20 you want to you a gsr pan then you need the gsr pick up. might b the oil pan gasket and not the pan it self.

Brand Spanking Noob
    Then most likely if they used the GSR oil pan they should of used the oil pick up too...It can't be the gasket because I replaced the gasket...so what you guys are saying is the GSR and b20 oil pan will fit the b20 block? perfectly? No problem? No slight gaps to let any type of oil leak out? I'd like someone with a GSR oil pan on a b20 block to confirm this so maybe I need to look else where for the leak. Otherwise Im might have to go with a b20 pan.

Quote Originally Posted by 4drint3gr4 View Post
    Then most likely if they used the GSR oil pan they should of used the oil pick up too...It can't be the gasket because I replaced the gasket...so what you guys are saying is the GSR and b20 oil pan will fit the b20 block? perfectly? No problem? No slight gaps to let any type of oil leak out? I'd like someone with a GSR oil pan on a b20 block to confirm this so maybe I need to look else where for the leak. Otherwise Im might have to go with a b20 pan.
    its the same bolt pattern... the gasket is the SAME exact part number.

11251-P30-004

CIVIC '99 - '00
    CR-V '97 - '01
    DEL SOL '94 - '97
    INTEGRA '90 - '01

now you're saying that you replaced the gasket? did you torque it down properly and in sequence?
    Last edited by tilegend; 05-20-2009 at 01:25 AM.

TMC-TrunkMonkeyCrew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast