Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Noob

Question spun rod bearing?

i pulled the bearings out of my b20z(stock) bottom w/ gsr head, what do you think? one of them on the outside of the bearing is like copper color compared to the others, the insides look almost all the same and the crank seems fine smooth like glass on journals, no metal pieces or no wear and i was using a type r oil pump just in case you needed to know, whats the cheapest thing i can do.. help please!

Last edited by gsrb20z; 04-29-2006 at 03:03 PM.

Brand Spanking Noob
    Make sure you use arp rod bolts in the bottom end. The stock ones were never meant to handle the punishment. If you don't you have a high probability of spinning a bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by gsrb20z
    i pulled the bearings out of my b20z(stock) bottom w/ gsr head, what do you think? one of them on the outside of the bearing is like copper color compared to the others, the insides look almost all the same and the crank seems fine smooth like glass on journals, no metal pieces or no wear and i was using a type r oil pump just in case you needed to know, whats the cheapest thing i can do.. help please!
    was the motor making noise? You would know if you spun a bearing. A spun bearing is just that...a bearing that has spun around the crank, and out of it's normal position....usually because you either sretched or broke a rod bolt from revving too high.
    *Back from deployment!!!*

Noob
    first i overrevved it past 9 grand.........drove fine for like 2 days( after i did that i was afraid to get on it for a while) then i said oh it will be fine ran my friends turbo civic and it started makin metal sorta grinding/rubbing noises, barely made it home...it wanted to start... but the noise sounded like it was commin f/ the block definately and i did put arp rod bolts in it before, maybe they ewrent torqued enough.....thanks for the advice.

maybe u should pull the motor apart...

Über Alles
    I can't see a picture. I don't know if you posted any or not. But, what bearings did you use?

It seems to me like you used tri-metal bearings and chewed through the babbitt layer and exposed the copper-lead layer. Have the rod big ends machined after you install aftermarket rod bolts to make sure they're round.
    I SOLD MY SOUL
    FOR ROCK 'N' ROLL

One should not love or hate anything until it is understood.
    1941 Dodge Truck - Project :knife:

Noob
    u is fool for revving it up to 9 grand the b20 stock block can only hold about lil over 7 grand

got dam 9gran stock block ouchhh
    :peace:

why...

why 9k...ur probably not makin power passed 8000...its just unnecessary punishment....

High Infraction Level
    dam what are you doing revving a 9k?? thats a no no take it to 8 the most

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast