Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

head gasket leak?!

I just bought a clean EG coupe with an LSVtec swap. Everything its very clean no leaks anywhere at all except for the same spot as all b series swaps ive had. I kno i seen people here and dont have this kind of leak. Is there anything i can to do to avoid this leak in the corner where head/block meets. Previous owner told me it has ARP head studs and cometic head gasket ect... Seems like the lsvtec was well put together but i hate having this oil leak.

Attachment 280551

*Crew Against Drunk Driving #24*
    *I <3 My HoNdA CrEw MeMbEr #36*

bump ttttt

i had da same leak and tought it was my gasket but it wasent it was the vtec solenoid leaking oil so i replace the little gaskets and replacemy dizzy oil ring and dont got no more leaks
    I love my integra crew #3

Quote Originally Posted by boostedsihatch View Post
    i had da same leak and tought it was my gasket but it wasent it was the vtec solenoid leaking oil so i replace the little gaskets and replacemy dizzy oil ring and dont got no more leaks
    ill try that tomorrow see if it works. i like having my cars as clean as possible.

the vtec solenoid gaskets u gotta get em at a honda dealer i tried looking 4 them every where and couldnt find em so went to da dealer is like $35 for both of the vtec solenoid gaskets and the oil ring from the dizzy is like 10
    I love my integra crew #3

Super Moderator
    o ring on distributor

vtec solenoid gasket and metal screen

is your ls/vtec fitting where it goes into the head leaking?

there is also a black Cam seal right above that corner. take of the valve cover clean the seal and use the gray honda bond to make sure it seals tight

clean the oil buy a bottle of Leak-Trace and it will show you where the oil is coming from, it works use it all the time in the shop!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Got Tucked?

Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedsihatch View Post
    same shit here bro i have lsv and it did the same thing seal that solenoid and your straight
    Built2boost - To those who think its cool to advertise Rota slipstreams as "Spoons" . Please stop. You only make yourself look extremely dumb & foolish & we cant stand seeing that fuckery all day.

Noob
    if you do a headgasket spray it with a copper spraypaint it be near sealant in auto stores.
    my bud just did his gasket an arp bolts tonight we'll see how it goes. ultra grey can help
    out well with silacone

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiveturk3y View Post
    clean the oil buy a bottle of leak-trace and it will show you where the oil is coming from, it works use it all the time in the shop!!!!!!!!!!!!
    x222222222222222222222222
    Darkside Auto|Whit3boy Built|Gordo Racing
    336 WHP 262 TQ GATO TUNED

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast