Noob

B16 oil leak need help!

b16a looks like theres oil comming out through the head gasket, so i changed the head gasket and got the head milled no change, its comming out right on top of the gasket by the engines badge on the passanger side right in front. Anyone have any suggestions on someting else i can do?

Noob
    is it a ls/vtec if it is check the screw under the head i had the same problem

i live in my fathes crib... i dont pay rent
    same here!!! try to tight that shit

Noob
    not an ls vtec, what screw you talking about??

sounds like its the vtec gasket or some little gasket that looks like a u ( i dont know the name) i have the same motor with the same prob the oil leaks on to the tranny alittle i am going to change both gaskets. if you go to the dealer they will have pics for you to look at

is it a jdm b16a 89-91 ?

Noob
    yep b16a '90 i changed both vtec gaskets cause i thought of this also, what u gasket you talking about ? i even cleaned up the mess around everything but it looks like a head gasket leak unless its dripping from the back somewhere that i cant see, gettin on me nerves though i hate the mess

i dont know the name but you can go to the honda dealer to get it its like $6 you can explain it to them the yave pictures just say its alittle gasket located inside the hrad towards the vtec sylinoid. they should hav an idea whats your talking about there not any gaskets that look like it. i have never donbe it before my cousin did it and told me that gasket goes bad easy he changed it on acouple of cars. i wam going to change the gasket next week i will post the name when i get it and the part number

it could be the valve cover gasket when you tighten the valve cover you do it by oppsites like tighten the bottem left then the top right then the top middle then the bottem middle

the way my leak looks like its coming from right under the vtec sylinoid
    Last edited by M BOSS; 01-29-2006 at 06:08 PM.

Noob
    Are talking about the gasket for the vtec solenoid with the little screen? cuz i changed both vtec gaskets and the seal for the exhaust cam on the left side but nothing helped. I even changed the head gasket.

i got the part its 12513-p30-000 it looks kinda like a cap i am going to change mines tomorrow

my bad i said i it looked like a U, it dosent it looks like a cap

did u check ur bottom the rings and pistons,that happened to me before oil coming everywere cause i got a bad piston rings..

flameboy saves the day