Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Oil leak from head gasket????????

I'm getting oil dripping out from where the head meets the block on the dizzy side in the front.
    I thought it was the head gasket so i changed the HG with a brand new Honda oem head gasket, put in brand new aebs head studs (Thanks to MB). new golden eagle cam seal and new vtec sol. gasket. everything up to the valve cover was torque down to specs and proper torque sequence. Everything was triple check as a matter of fact. Everything looked good and done started the car, ran for about 3-5 mins sounded good but when I looked I noticed oil still dripping out from the exact same spot.
    People have been telling me that I might have warped the head or block. Now I have never overheated before which they say is what would cause the head/block to warp, also there was no mixture in the oil or coolant, I did notice white smoke before the head gasket was changed.
    What do you think is wrong? If you suggest it is a warped head what can have caused it to warp without overheating?
    BTW these problems all happened out of no where, the car always ran good no problems I parked the car for about 3 days without driving and when I went to use it on the 4th day BAM all these problems with the white smoke and oil dripping out.

Here a pic of the area that the oil seems to be dripping out of....

Please only post if you have some real info about my problem and not just trying to get your post count up.

oooohhh so thats why u been missing out on all these meets damn we already labeled u as b20's number one no show lol j/k but i hope u fix it ma dude b4 honda day so u still have plenty of time
    LoOKZZZ Sonnn I goTs A 96 EK wiT A 2000 FRonT oN It ItSz fIYa mAHH gEE :facepalm:

no idea...did you check to see if the head or block was worped b4 putting everything back on (When replacing the hg)
    1991 White Sentra Se-r SOLDDDD
    06' Tornado Red GTI.....:yahoo:

damn, my block looks the same way if not werse but i have overheated a few times, if it is warped check deck flatness or mill the head a little bit see if it makes a difference
    Blue 4Door Crew Member #3

-if itz LS-V...den u probally used da wrong bolts and stud.. LS-V...should use type r or gsr bolts.....not b16.....but thats only if its ls-v....thatz my 2¢
    [SIZE="1"]why block plates online...do you block them on the streets.........HMMMMMMM???
    [/SIZE][SIZE="2"]...but what do i know...[/SIZE]:what:

i was gona say distribultor o-ring but thas too high for a leak right there

And Thats What It Is!
    sounds like ya head is warped or ya block is warped. jus hope its ya head and they can do a slight mill.

Who torqued the head and how many lbs?

Some of the dowels used in ls vtec kits sometimes dont allow the head to be flat against the deck of the block. I'd check that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast