Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Will I benefit from having a bigger exhaust(3 inch)?

ok i have a k20 in a eg bubble and it has a 2.5 inch exhaust is it worth it to change it to 3inch?? and if i change it to 3inch how much power difference will it make??

Last edited by 4u2nv; 02-17-2009 at 02:30 AM.

I'M FROM NEW JERSEY CREW #156
    CLM MOTORSPORTS..MB RACING..

im not big on the K series scene but I think 3" is too much..you wont gain a good ammount of back pressure.

naturally aspirated 2.25 to 2.5

turbo 3" plus.
    "Anybody who tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fucking have any."
    Team Nobody- The Blue Snail reps itself.
    You can call me Trav-ster

i dont think u would make that much more power, u might even lose power because theres not enough back pressure 2.5 should be good enough, 3 inches is more for turbo or supercharged engines

RoYaL TuNiNgs FiNeSt #7
    B20vtec Team EF member #39

Here we go again with back pressure, it doesn't apply to k20 motors.
    k20 don't need back pressure, it's proven to gain more power from 3" exhaust, speacially if you got something to tune it with.
    Yes it worth getting 3" inch exhaust.

With tune you'll probably gain 5-10whp at the peak but most important is all thru the rpms.
    Last edited by flameboy; 02-16-2009 at 02:51 PM.

flameboy saves the day

Quote Originally Posted by flameboy View Post
    Here we go again with back pressure, it doest apply to k20 motors.
    k20 don't need back pressure, it's proven to gain more power from 3" exhaust, speacially if you got something to tune it with.

With tune you'll probably gain 5-10whp at the peak but most important is all thru the rpms.
    thanks for ur info and people if u have no expierence with k swaps please dont post this isnt b series its different..i may not know it all but i dont post on threads that i have no clue about.. but thanks for everyones input

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
    ok i have a k20 in a eg bubble and it has a 2.5 inch exhaust is it worth it to change it to 3inch?? it dynoed at 233 and thats with skunk2 stage 2 cams valve springs and reatiners.. and if i change it to 3inch how much power difference will it make??
    You should've went stg 3's. You would've seen another 10hp minimum. You'll see a gain with a 3inch. Dynocharts were posted somewhere on here. It might be a sticky. Stick with 2.5 if you daily drive though. That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by shockerboy732 View Post
    iraq doesnt even have an army and we're losing!!! lmao imagine us fighting a real military

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by phameass View Post
    im not big on the K series scene but I think 3" is too much..you wont gain a good ammount of back pressure.

naturally aspirated 2.25 to 2.5

turbo 3" plus.
    No he should go with a 3 inch exhaust. There is a thread on K20a.org concerning this & K series motors make more power with 3 inch exhausts no matter if its stock or fully built. The OP should go with a 3 inch if he really wants to make POWER.

Quote Originally Posted by flameboy View Post
    Here we go again with back pressure, it doesn't apply to k20 motors.

I dont think that the back pressure myth applies to any motor. I think any motor benefits from a bigger, free flowing exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyTurbo View Post
    No he should go with a 3 inch exhaust. There is a thread on K20a.org concerning this & K series motors make more power with 3 inch exhausts no matter if its stock or fully built. The OP should go with a 3 inch if he really wants to make POWER.

I dont think that the back pressure myth applies to any motor. I think any motor benefits from a bigger, free flowing exhaust.
    ^^^^the truth
    BRING BACK THE ACCORD AND PRELUDE KREW MEMBER#1
    BOOST OVER JUICE KREW MEMBER#1 718 TUN3RS:lc:

Brand Spanking Noob
    noob here but not a nood to engine building..... Theirs no such thing as back pressure when trying to make power. Only thing that matters is getting the exhaust out of the cylinders to fill them wit useful air and fuel. The design of the headers is more important because they cause a scavenging effect that actually helps pull out the exhaust from the cylinders. Everything else is just restriction so if on a dyno 3 inchs works wit a k series motor then go that way

ok so its clear i gotta change my exhaust to 3inch but i have another question does anyone know how much power ill gain from changin it to 3inch..im not looking for an exact number just a estimate and the mods to the car is in the first post

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast